Headache vs. Migraines
Headaches are not only annoying, but if you get them frequent enough they can be life altering. At the Specific, we are able to give MAJOR relief with individuals who are suffering from headaches. From personal experience, I have lost some wonderful memories because of my headaches! Losing memories, time and living a life in a dark room is not something that you should ever have to “live with.” Your days should be spent with laughter, happiness, gaining memories and living YOUR life. I have been a migraine sufferer since 6th grade and was given a new chance when I found Upper Cervical Chiropractic at 20 years old. Realizing that I don’t have to focus my life around my migraines gave me passion. It has changed my life so much that I wanted to be an Upper Cervical Chiropractor! The questions that we get in the office are “What’s the difference?” and “Is there anything else to help alleviate them?” This graphic displays the difference between a migraine and a headache with key differences, but there is a lot of gray area. When individuals are in pain, they don’t usually care to know what one they have, they want to get rid of this pain! If this is you, I am sure you have taken the most popular medications such as Imitrex, Maxalt, Axert and even Botox. The list goes on and on. Because migraines and headaches are so prevalent in the U.S., about 20%, a Harvard study came out http:www.health.harvard.edu/pain/migraine talking about the THREE most common root causes. The study explained that migraines originate from the Upper Cervical Spine and the structures surrounding it such as the nerves, blood vessels and muscles. As Upper Cervical Chiropractors, our main focus it locate the misalignment from the top two bones of the neck and find the nervous system miscommunication. Because of our objectivity, we give our patients LASTING care! Here are some other options for relief without any bad side effects!
- Drink plenty of water!!! A lot of headaches can be caused from dehydration!
- Coffee- Try a cup o’ joe in the morning to get your day started. If you are not a coffee drinker, you can drink green tea (healthy caffeinated alternative).
- If you get headaches a lot stay away from foods containing tyramine or AGED foods. This can include cheeses and aged meats. Sulfites and MSG can also trigger headaches and migraines.
- Peppermint Essential Oil is a great ot help relieve some of those nasty headaches! Follow the directions and recommendations!
- More and more studies show that Magnesium can help with reducing headaches and migraines!